Driveshaft new or used?

David,

I have to replace my own driveshaft right now. My view on used parts is that
you will be inhereting someone else's unknown problems. For some parts (like
steering wheels, lights, etc., anything non-drivetrain oriented), this isn't
a problem. But when you get into parts that make your car go, I prefer to go
with new. In addition, BMW has just lowered prices on their parts,
driveshaft's included. Check with the BMW Store at (800)543-1649. They
consistently have parts far below what I can get locally (Los Angeles), give
a car club discount, and will ship anywhere at standard UPS rates.

Hope this helps.

Ray Barber
Los Angeles Chapter, BMW CCA
'83 533i