Re: Cruise Control "Clicking"

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Josh Murray wrote:

> Due to many complaints upon my choice of words, I shall attempt to redescide
> the feel of a cruise control knob.
> Okay, Okay...it doesn't ClicK, it sorta thud clicks, a soft click, a
> soothing bump, a bump similar to that of "popping" into reverse, a subtle
> ridge, a strength challenging, semi-resistant barrier to obtaining a
> funtioning device. :>)

 This sounds to me like a normal cruise control switch.  It's a very
quiet device meant to be operated easily by touch.  Which brings me to
the power window switches.  Is it just me, or are BMW power window
switches the worst in the world?  Neither attractive, nor easy to use,
nor especially reliable.  I would love to get a replacement that uses
a more reasonable rocker-type operation, yet doesn't stray too far
from what a BMW accessory should look like.  ...for goodness sake, the
switches in my Saturn were way better than these!

- --
  John Bolhuis    | These are no ordinary monkeys --
 bolhuijo         | these are mean, spiteful, butt-biting
  @domain.elided   | monkeys with an obvious mission: conquest.
                                        -tabloid.net