Cruise Control "Clicking"

Due to many complaints upon my choice of words, I shall attempt to redescide
the feel of a cruise control knob.
Okay, Okay...it doesn't ClicK, it sorta thud clicks, a soft click, a
soothing bump, a bump similar to that of "popping" into reverse, a subtle
ridge, a strength challenging, semi-resistant barrier to obtaining a
funtioning device. :>)
I hope that's is an acceptable description.
However, I might add that what kind of ("Oh no! He's going to say it again!)
click the control produces is rather irrelevant because it doesn't produce
anything, it just kind of squishes around.
So please, I could use some advice directed at solving the problem, not
nit-picking my choice of words. ;^ )

Josh Murray
L.A. Chapter