winterizing--part 3

(car in question is '86 325e manual w/180K)

Since I'm going home next weekend, I want to try to get my car ready
for the winter.  I put about 2.5K highway miles on it per month. These
questions may seem basic, but this is my first car and I need guidance!
- - I'm going to change the oil.  Can I get a recommendation for the best
Mobil 1 weight for the winter?  I'm in central Indiana and when I drive,
it's for 200+ mile trips.
- -Do I need to change any of these?  I don't know how often they have been
changed, but not since March, at the least.
	fuel filter
	coolant
	transmission fluid (what type and what water ratio?)
	brake fluid (what type)
	spark plugs
	air filter
	differential fluid (I don't have limited slip)
- -Does the battery need to be checked?
- -I'm going to change the brake pads.  Since I don't do anything high
performance, is there a pad for light use at a comparable/better cost than
stock?
- -Do I need to do anything to the power steering system?  I understand it's
closed, so is there a filter?
- -Snow tires would be great but because of my current financial situation,
I can't afford them (Indiana University needs my money a whole lot
more than I do, it seems). Is there anything else I can do for my car to
make it safer in the snow?  This is only my second winter driving, and my
first in a rear wheel drive car.  I've already spun it once, and I
*really* don't want to again.
 -Are there any other things I need to check while I'm at it?  The timing
belt, head gasket, exhaust, and water pump were changed in February.

#4 -- last thing, I promise!  Thanks to the great generosity of Jim
Conforti regarding the recent chip scam, I received a certificate for a
chip.  Current financial *crisis* (yes, I'm really desperate here) causes
me to sell it, so if someone could make me an offer, I really need the
cash! I'll take offers till October 25, then it must go. = (

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I know most of these things are
trivial, but I need to know.  Thanks for the bandwidth!  = )

Alix Sebesta