RE: RGR center caps

<HTML>
Barrett,

<P>I'm in the same boat as you regarding the center caps. I have a bit
of information, unfortunately not all is good. I talked directly to RD
last week and unless a miracle happens, we will be forever roaming this
earth in search of the elusive RGR caps! RD did promise to search the global
market, but I doubt it will bear fruit.

<P>When the inevitable reply from RD occurs I plan to have a machinist
friend make stainless steel versions that I will apply a RD sticker to
and clear epoxy over to simulate the real thing. A lot of work for something
that should be cheap and readily available, but that's the price we pay!
Let me know if you stumble on a source and I do the same for you if I find
them first.

<P>Regards,

<P>Bary Pfaff
<BR>
<HR WIDTH="100%">

<P>From: barrettn@domain.elided (Barrett Nicholas)
<BR>Subject: WTB: Racing Dynamics RGR center caps

<P>I have a set of Racing Dynamics RGR rims that I bought used - on
<BR>several of the center caps, some of the retaining clips had broken
<BR>off. On one, it was to the point where it didn't really stay on well
<BR>at all. Being inventive, I epoxied a bolt onto the backside of the
cap
<BR>and used a large flat washer inside the rim to hold it into place.
<BR>was pretty proud of myself until the epoxy failed &amp; I lost the
cap -
<BR>too make things worse, I thought it was such a good idea&nbsp; (yeah,
now I
<BR>don't have to worry about them being stolen - ha - they fall off by
<BR>themselves!) that I did it to all of my caps. So far I've lost two
<BR>caps, who knows how long the others will last. I know that there's
<BR>BMW cap that I can use, but I like the Racing Dynamic look, despite
<BR>the fact Electrodyne now owns the name -&nbsp; (is it just me, or is
the RD
<BR>Sport logo butt-ugly in comparison to the old logo?) Bavarian
<BR>Autosport has had them on back order from Electrodyne for over a month
<BR>now, so I'm not holding my breath that I'll be able to get any that
<BR>way. Anyone know of any Racing Dynamics dealers that might have some
<BR>old stock on hand? Maybe some one outside the US (Canada?) could check
<BR>to see if they can buy them from a Racing Dynamics dealer? They're
<BR>about 5.5 cm O.D. with about a 2mm gray lip around the outside edge,
<BR>and have a slight dome to them.

<P>TIA,

<P>Barrett N.
<BR>barrett.nicholas@domain.elided