bad gas--part 2 of my troubles

(car in question is '86 325e manual)

#2  I recently bought some bad gas (rule of thumb--when in Indiana, get a
receipt!!!), and though I have run an entire new tank through, it's still
not back to where it was before.  It feels now like it's not even firing
all the cylinders.  It's missing some power occasionally where it wasn't
before.  The horrible gurgling sounds have gone away though.  I plan on
running a dose of Techron through the next tank of gas, then changing the
fuel filter.  Is there anything else I should/can do?  It's got about 180K
on hte engine, btw.
Also, since bad gas is almost a fact of life here, it seems, is there any
legal protection for me if I get a bad tank and my car has problems as a
result?  I'm scared to buy gas here now, but I don't have much of a
choice.

Thanks so much!

Alix Sebesta