Help! with 95 525i Climate control and A/C

My 95 525i has a problem with the climate control system.  I had to replace
the heater box (from an accident) but prior to that and after installation,
the climate control system only blows hot air.  Also, I had the refrigerant
checked and the diagnostics said there is a "leak around dash near
evaporator."

I am at a loss here.  The guy who did the bodywork looked at it and took some
apart, but no leaks.  He said he'd have to take some dash out to look at the
rest of the A/C system.

Any ideas on this?  Here is my guess- Is there perhaps an interior temp sensor
for the climate control? if so, where?  I am thinking that it may be broken,
and also there may be a leak in the dash.

Any help, greatly appreciated...John

End of bmw-digest V9 #337