Re: bmw-digest V9 #335

This year I've had one ticket, pulled over the week after that but got let
off.  Last year I believe two tickets, one was 3 in one, but 2/3 charges
were dropped (expired insurance and bogus charge for my tires squelling a
bit on a sharp turn).  Where I'm from, chicago 'burbs, tickets 1-20 go for
75 and you get sent to traffic school (torture school), comes to 95 bucks.
First ticket, four hour course, next ticket, the dreadfull 8 hour torture
center.  If you make it through the rest of the year with no tickets,
vwalla! no violations.  After about 13 months, bam and the first week I had
the Bimmer, dead give away for the cops, teenager (19), orange license
applied for sticker and driving way to fast because a Maxima kept
tailgating me.  Back to traffic school for 4 hours next weekend and 95
dollars in the whole, but no blemishes on my record, from then on I am
driving slow and enjoying the highlife of the bimmer.

>Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:18:31 -0400
>From: "Duane Collie" <drcollie@domain.elided>
>Subject: Poll on Speeding Tickets
>
>>Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:25:31 -0700
>>From: mitchell ma <mwma@domain.elided>
>>Subject: Speeding tickets (WOB)
>
>> I presume Michel is referring to "speeding" tickets. So let's take an
>>informal poll. What would be considered the average out there in
>>digestland? How many speeding tickets a year do you get? How about some of
>the more rabid drivers
>>out there?
>
>Mitchell, as the reputed most RABID of the RABID drivers, I'd love to take
>part in your poll.
>
>I get ZERO.  Yup, dat's right...zip-zilch-nada.
>
>How do I do it?  My charming repertoire?  My personable demeanor?  My good
>looks? Uh-UH.  I don't speed on the street (well, mostly never unless
>there's a Ferrari around that needs a spanking).
>
>It's not moralistic - it's mathematical, mostly.
>
>Speeding ticket up to 20 mph over  = 4 points, $ 100.00.    Insurance goes
>up about $ 350.00 per ticket in my neck of the woods.
>Net cost = $ 450.00 per ticket.
>
>Track Day @ Summit  = $ 125.00   3 track days = $ 375.00 plus enough speed
>to whup my arse tired outta the car fer a week.
>And I don't haveta go to court.  And as I side benefit I won't  wipe out
>some nice lady in her Volvo taking the kids to soccer practice.
>
>So I get three track days for the cost of one speeding ticket.  Sounds like
>a deal to me.
>
>(There ends the lesson for the day.)
>
>Duane Collie
>RM3DR1/UUC/Bubba