Re: Tickets...

At 02:26 PM 10/15/98 -0500, Daniel David Ayd wrote:
>Only gotten one in 5 years of driving.

>Anytime we get a ticket it's our fault...if you keep your eyes on the
>rearview, look up and down on ramps, and in general, keep your eyes open
>you should never get caught speeding.  I usually turn to begging or
>other like tactics when I slip up and get caught...worked 7 of the 8
>times I've gotten pulled over.

perhaps this thread is a little off topic, but...

i accomplished an "attitude adjustment" towards speeding stops a couple of
years ago. before that, i almost never escaped with a warning. since, i've
not gotten any tickets. stopped twice, let go with a warning both times.

0) own up to your behavior

1) do not lie to the officer/trooper
   (or pretend you didn't know how fast you were going)

2) do not insult his/her intelligence

3) do not argue with him/her or display signs of an "attitude"

4) do not play dumb

5) do not have a visible radar detector (automatic ticket here. i was stopped
   yesterday for 75 in a 55 zone while driving my 1 ton ford van; the trooper
   wanted to know what the black radar detector sized box was on my dash. i
   explained that it was an electric brake control for towing, and not a
   detector, and he visibly calmed. i followed my rules, no ticket, just a
   warning.)

richard

End of bmw-digest V9 #335