Dent Removal

I have a nice little tool that pulls dents out, including those on roof
panels and others without rear access.  The tool is made in Germany by
Weilander & Schill and is called an Airpuller AP95.  The tool looks like a
heavy duty industrial heat gun with an electrode, attached to an air supply
and a welding transformer.

		The tool works as follows...with one push of the trigger, (1) it welds on
the pin electrode (one electrode is good for 150-200 pulls), (2) there is
an upwards stroke of the panel, (3) against the pre-adjusted height (you
adjust the pull height to the exact surface of the body panel), (4) there
is simulaneous cooling to stabilize the body panel , (5) ending with a
final twist and release of the pin electrode.

		The entire operating sequence is completed within seconds.  The very
short welding time of .3 seconds (compared to the typical rivet tools that
body shops use to pull dents) heats up the outer surface without damaging
the panel inner surface.   You don't have to worry about removing
headliners when doing roof panels or removing complicated door internals
(incl side airbags on newer cars)....there will be very little heat
transfer.  The tool will even perform panel shrinking of high spots with no
problem.  A power lift attachment is available for pulling deeper dents.

		The nice think about this tool is that it will pull most dents perfectly
eliminating the need for body fillers.  If I ever get the time, I'll take
this around to a few high-end body shops to play with and evaluate.  Neat
tool!  SD

(PS- this is not a paintless dent removal system.  It does eliminate the
need for bondo and other body fillers and will perform tasks that you
cannot do with body shop hammer tools.)
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com