Re: bmw-digest V9 #330

> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 22:51:36 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "S. Khemmanivanh" <somckit@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: Supercharging
>
> Hi,
>
> I've logged close to 3K miles on my ERT supercharged 325i. I encouraged
> Thao to contact Mike at ERT, at 1-800-633-6007.  I performed the
> installation myself, and I am not a mechanical expert, all you need is
> time and patience.
>
> Also I drove the M Coupe at the dealearship today. Great car!! I have
> never driven an M3, but the M Coupe outclasses my supercharged 325i in
> every performance and handling category.

What is the hp gain from installing the ERT supercharger ? I though that
it would be at least 75 hp, which for a 325i should result in a total
of about 265. Wouldn't that be enough to out perform a 240 hp M coupe ?
I know that the M coupe is lighter, but...

How much does the ERT upercharger cost ? What hp gain and tourqe gain
is expected when installed in a 325is ? Will this combination produce
a faster car than the M3 ?

I'm thinking about this mod.

Thanks,
Per