E30 engine cut off during driving.

	 Hello everyone.  I was driving home from dining out tonight and the
engine cut off in my 88 325iC.  I was cruising on a slight downgrade at
about 50-55 in 5th gear, and the engine just quit. I puched in the clutch
and tried the gas pedal a couple times. After approx a second the idiot
lights came on just as if I had just turned the key to the on position. At
that time I let the clutch out and gave it some gas and the engine fired
right back up and acted like nothing ever happened.  Made it home without
any other indications of anything at all being wrong.  There was nothing
out of the ordinary about the drive before that happened. Had been driving
for maybe 5 minutes, with the heater on, about 55-60 degrees outside.  I've
hit the rev limiter in this car once before (a while back) and from what I
remember that is exactly what this felt like.  Has anyone had any
experiences like this?

 Thanks
Keith
88 325iC