E24/28 Intermittent Intermittent Wipers

Digesters,

There have been a couple of recent postings asking about intermittent wipers
working on an intermittent basis!

This is fairly common on these models (my '85 535i does it too, until the
wiper motor "warms up").  Past posts and the archives have discussed
potential causes and solutions, and typically these have focused on too much
grease in the motor mechanism which causes some slippage.  Not very
technical, sorry, but the fix seems to involve accessing the motor and
literally removing some of the grease.

Check the archives/E28 lists, as there are a couple of warnings regarding
realigning the linkage, etc.

Good luck, I may get around to doing this some day, too, especially since we
have hit our rainy season (no nasty comments regarding whether we ever end
our rainy season, please!)

Regards,

Reed
Wet Seattle