<WOB> Iceberg vs. BMW

This has absolutely nothing to do with BMW's, but those who would like
a distraction from the Honda vs. BMW discussion might take a look at
some satellite pictures of the tolerably big piece of ice that
recently calved off the Ronne Ice Shelf, Antarctica:

   http://www.nerc-bas.ac.uk/public/icd/images/13-10-1998

Our group had cached some equipment in the middle of what is now the
iceberg, equipment we will now retrieve somewhat further north than
planned.  The iceberg is about 60 km (35 miles) across so it will be a
few years before anything melts through.

Obligatory BMW content: I don't suppose there are any BMW's in
Antarctica.  It would be an interesting place to test new models, or
the first year warranty.

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided