<E34> Bad shaking on startups. Clutch problem?

I've got a 1992 525i M50 (with manual gearbox), and I've got a serious
problem...
After driving slowly with a lot of starts and stops in about 20-30 minutes
my car starts shaking really badly when I lift the clutch pedal. The first
few times it is not that noticeable, but then it gets really bad!!! It is
almost impossible to get going without stalling the engine. I need something
like 2000 RPM to be able to move ahead.
The car was tested at a BMW dealer without finding anything wrong with the
electronics. But then again this problem only appears after the above
mentioned scenario.
Could it have something to do with the clutch being warm?

I would like to know if there is anybody else who has had the same problem.

Geir A. Bergslokken
BMWCCN #2286