<E30> Eng.OIL Light On (eta on IV)

She has 176,000 miles on her. She purrs like a kitten and roars like a
lioness on my command. Yet she started demanding transfusions (a quart)
right around the time she is due for an oil change :( This is the third
time this has happened before she is due for a lube swap.

Is this the beginning of the end, me wonders. She recently passed the
state emissions testing with flying colors and she 's been good
otherwise, no leaks, Depends, etc. I am not willing to funnel big bucks
for a rebuilt; I 'd rather make new friends with an IS instead. Anyway,
I was thinking about shortening the oil change intervals as a temporary
solution based on the assumption that volatility increases with oil age.
I don't recall ever having read this, is it true? Any other quick fixes?
- --(I am starting to sound tacky now).

Any other suggestions, opinions or experiences with this "normal" aging
requirement of my p(Eta) or encouragement to start gettting to know the
IS's out there looking for a match?

TIA

Leo (87 325 -I 'll even try synthetic on her)