Re: winter tires

Interesting. FWIW I live a few hundred miles south of you in Northern DE
and Tire Rack did a good job of talking me out of the Blizzacks into a
set of Pirelli 210P's based on where I lived and my driving style. i.e a
border state without much ice some snow and generally mild winters
combined with my spring summer fall tire being a 17" Z rated.

They sold me om 16" Pirelli 210P's  based on the Blizzacks being much
worse than most when cornering on anything but ice and snow and that the
210P's were one of the best snow tires in the dry (Q rated and as good
as it gets for a snow tire in the dry). I don't regret my choice. YMMV
and the best answer is to understand what you want from your tire and
under what conditions. Just like our choices in cars, our choices in
tires by necessity are a compromise. Make sure yours fit both your
driving style, needs and your climate. I have found Tire Rack a very
useful and generally unbiased source of info on tires and wheels that
they carry. I also buy from other sources but I do respect what they
tell me.

Bill Matthews
Hockessin DE

Bill Bauman espoke: