Re: Boo Hoo age and other crap

> John Fountaine wrote:
>
> Do I like driving the Bimmer?  You bet!  Do I drive it fast?  You bet-w=
hen
> it is safe to do so.  Do I have a superiority complex because I drive a
> BMW?  No way.  As a matter of fact,  If I would have read some of these
> buttheaded posts before buying it, I may have been turned off of these =
cars
> totally.
>
> My point?  Mostly rambling, but sick of reading "BMW vs Honda crap" and
> "boo hoo I am a punk kid who has more money than brains (read that, lif=
> experience not academics) and feel slighted"  Its time to demonstrate h=
ow
> deserving you are of the finer things in life and quit pissing and moan=
ing
> when everything doesn't go your way, OK boys and girls?  After all, the=
re
> are lots of people out there who may be just as deserving (or moreso) o=
> some of those finer things, they just may not have the means.

Oh yeah!  Couldn't have said it any better myself!  Hey, you folks want t=
o hear MY
age discrimination story?  About 7 years ago I'm going to a bar with my b=
uddy down
in St. Pete Beach, FLA.Real happening place, lotsa gorgeous bimbos.  I'm =
stopped at
the entrance by this stunning young blonde beauty who's collecting the co=
ver
charge.  "How much?" I ask.  "$6. Do you have any ID?"  She asks.
I'm stunned.  My jaw drops.  She looks to be no older than 23 and I'm 36.=
  "ID?" I
say, "I haven't been asked for ID in YEARS, but thank you very much for t=
he
compliment.  How old do you have to be to drink in the state of Florida a=
nyhow?".
"21" She says nonplussed.  "But Wednesday nights men over 30 get in free"=
.  I wait
for the floor to open up beneath me, but I grab my cane, put on my bifoca=
ls and pat
her on the head and walk in.

So anyway young fellas.  If you think age discrimination is so awful, let=
's here
from some folks of color.  Or what about women who get treated like secon=
d class
citizens in the dealership or service shop?  My 2=A2.

John
(Black BMW with shiny wheels)