From: "Christian Els" <tiAn@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 1998 9:02 AM
To: <bmw@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: re: Tire Number

On question I have yet to find a reliable answer to along this same thread,
what does the two-digit code followed by an "H" (e.g. 90H)
I have heard that this represents load capacity, that it represents tire
circumference, or that it is the mounted overall height of the tire.

Anybody know for sure what it really is?

If my next replacement tires have a different code, will my speedo/odo be
off?

Thanks,

Christian Els
'94 325i
'88 NT650 HawkGT
'83 GTi

<snip>
>Can someone explain what this numbers mean on a tire?
>205/70r14

205 = Width of the tire in mm
70 = Height of the sidewall expressed in % of the width (i.e. 70% of
205mm)
<endsnip>