Re: Kill Switches

Norman Boehl writes:

> If you do not plan on using your cigarette lighter, disconnect the standard
> connections, and use the lighter in place of the toggle switch (be sure
> to use the relay as described).  It won't start/run unless the lighter is
> pushed in.  Simply lift the lighter to its normal position when leaving the
> car.
>
> Or, instead of the fuel pump circuit, "relay" the start signal.  That way,
> if the lighter pops up, the car won't die due to lack of fuel.  The lighter
> only needs to be pushed in for starting.
>
> Norm

Congratulation Norm.

That is just the kind of "new idea" thinking that I look for in this
digest.

Would't work for smokers ( but no one wants to steal a stinky car anyway
- - sorry ).

Thanks for a neat idea - I will use it on my mother-in law's car.

It is an excellent alternative to the "kill switch in the glove box" -
which is so common that that is where any good thief will look first.

Cheers

Jim Cash
London, Ontario, Canada
BMW CCA 102929