Re: 3.0 engine

At 12:18 PM 10/13/98 -0400, Aziz wrote:
>I was just speaking with one of my friends and he asked if I knew of a place
>that sells engines for a 3.0 CS. Anyone have any suggestions? The current
>engine needs a rebuild, but he feels a replacement is the better
>alternative. Even though it costs a bit more, it would take less time and
>carries a better warranty. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc?

Ask him if he's open to updating the engine.  The big six from a later E28
will fit in just fine with the added benefit of newer engine management,
performance enhancements availability, production kinks worked out
(specifically the head cracking problems) and overall better drivablity.
He can probably pick up a good used system for a pretty resonably price to
boot.

Good luck.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5