re:BMW VS. Honda and New Passat

I hate to get in this discussion, but could not resist! For $20,000, you
can buy a new VW Passat with the 1.8 turbo. This car is incredible! Good
performance and excellent economy. Not to forget the 10 yr. or 100,000
mile warranty that is offered. No this car will not handle as well as my
318 is, but is a better value than some in that price range. If BMW would
make something for around 20,000 that would compete and have a warranty
like this it would be great. I agree that you have spend almost $30,000
to really shine on a new BMW. If I was given $20,000 for a new car, I
would have to pick the Passat. Of course $20,000 will buy a good used
BMW, but if there is no warranty you could loose out. Of course there is
resell value that you have to think about as well. Definitely, I would
take a Passat over a Honda. Of course time will tell how well this Passat
will do. Paul Bruce 318 IS