Re: [E36M3] They know you are coming - A warning if you are going to RA this weekend.

Mike Clemens wrote:

>The "they" is the state, county and local cops in the area of Road
>America and Elkhart Lake.  If you are attending the BMW driving school
>at Road America this weekend be careful driving near the track and
>specially in Elkhart Lake.  A couple of weeks ago I was at an Audi
>driving school at Road America and the cops were out all over the area.
>No, I didn't get a ticket but is was close (saved by the V1 again).

I don't know how it is with all the other tracks y'all go to, but when
going to Summit Point (West Virginia), the understood rule is that all the
local authorities know the schedule of what's going on at the track, who's
there, etc etc.  The roads into Summit Point are all pretty cool, nice and
windy.  You want to take what you learned on the track & apply it
immediately, but you _really_ don't want to do that because of the
aforementioned reason.

Besides, after a school is the last time you want to be going nuts on the
roads.  After driving hard all day, I'm pretty tired.  All I'm worried
about is cruising easily to the motel or home, whichever has my bed for the
night.

Andrej