Re: Whinning, What is it good for?

At 09:38 PM 10/12/98 -0400, Eric McCoy wrote:
>True.  But you could also take the statistics of, percentage-wise, how many
>African-Americans are in jail, and support the assertion that all
>A-Americans are criminals from birth.

Low blow Mr. McCoy, interesting where you've pulled your comparison.
We could start a whole thread on that issue, but it would not be
appropriate to this forum.

>It's a bad issue.  Dealers potentially lose out big-time if they let every
>kid who wants to take an M3 for a spin do so.  But in the process, they're
>unfairly discriminating against young drivers who *are* responsible and
>interested in purchasing the car.

You know, I didn't mention anything about dealers or car purchases, did I?
You're addressing the wrong thread here my friend, please try to stay
within THIS discussion.
I spoke generally of statistics, and specifically with regard to younger
drivers, of which I was once one.
I'm really more concerned about the FACT that many young drivers cause
accidents that could potentially be a danger to myself, my family and my
friends. I realize that those within every age range are capable of, and
do, cause accidents. I believe that it may  be simpler to concentrate on
better driver education for new drivers rather than try to change the
habbits of those that already have bad habbits. I really don't care where
or how you or anyone purchases their car.

>Presumably because "black" is a physical characteristic rather than an
>ethnicity (or race, or past national affiliation).  I'm not White, I'm
>white.  And this is just me, but I don't care if you do call me White, or
>irish, or That Fucking Asshole On His Cell Phone In The BMW Doing 120 Down
>The Highway Because He's Been Fucking Spoiled Since Birth.

You are incorrect Mr. McCoy, there is not a single African-American that I
know who has "black" skin.
True most are darker than you, but there are many that are just as fair in
complextion as you are.
If the term referred to the physical characteristic of darker skin, then
there are many Asians, Hispanics, Italians, and Native Americans that would
be called Black, likewise there are many African-Americans that should not
be considered Black (according to YOUR definition). The term is used in
place of the more accepted reference to the ethnic group known as
African-Americans. And "A-Americans" is not an accepted abbreviation.

> Can't claim that - if you know better, you, by definition, are not
>ignorant.  There you're just being stubborn, stupid, or something else
>along those lines.

Incorrect again Mr. McCoy, there is more than one accepted definition for
being "ignorant".

Based on your use of profanity within this thread, I choose not to continue
communication with you, directly or indirectly. You and I do not agree, and
I don't believe we will ever agree on these points. Continuing this thread
will prove to be a waste of my time, as well as a waste of bandwidth on
this digest. I wish you well, and hope that you receive an excellent
education at Hamilton.

Kindest Regards,
- - Bubba Chip
"honey, is there any Rolling Rock in the fridge?" Words to live by