Driving School Alternatives

About 3 or 4 years ago I attended my first BMW autocross - sponsored by the
NY Chapter. I followed up with a skid-pad school and ultimately my first
drivers school. Needless to say, I was  hooked...Bridgehampton, Lime Rock,
Pocono...maybe six driving schools in the past three years and working
myself up to the Intermediate and Advanced (okay, just once) run groups with
solo sign-off after a run or two. Each Spring I look forward to maybe 4 or 5
driving schools and dream about the possibility of club racing a few years
down the road. Unfortunately, I have found it nearly impossible to
participate in driving schools due to the fact that I am consistently told
"sorry, school is full". I have joined other chapters within the Northeast
region, sent my applications in on time and still..."sorry...".  Clearly,
too many addicts and not enough racetracks. Are there any fellow enthusiasts
who can offer some alternatives to CCA-sponsored events in the Northeast? Do
I simply need to increase the scope of possibilities...the entire Eastern
seaboard? Maybe relocate...does the West coast have more track miles per CCA
member? BTW, I recently came across a web-site for PDA (Performance Drivers
Association) in the Northeast. Has anyone ever heard of them?

Rob
'97 M3

End of bmw-digest V9 #305