Re: WTB E36 Limited Slip & other parts info

>>>Hello fellow list members (Digestors!?!)
Time to do some mods and general fixin up before winter. I am looking for a
limited slip for the wifes 318 (E36).I am also looking for a good (cheap)
source for factory parts such as heated seat elements, ashtray parts,
revised heater control cam and some trim items. Any sugestions? The local
dealer (45 miles away) is not very helpful and has no interest in
performance cars so visiting is no fun either.  Please respond directly,
sometimes the digest is a bit overwelming!!
Chris White<<<

Chris,
There is, in fact, a heated seats kit available for E36 that includes
everything you need for the job.  The part number for a kit for my car was
52 11 94 02 814.  You should really find out the part number for your car as
the kits might be different.  The only difference would in my opinion be the
seat type.  My car has sport seats, but amazingly enough the heating
elements that I got in the kit were for the non-sport seats.  (either a
mistake on the parts guy's part, or the factory guy filling the kit boxes)
Anyway, the installation of the kit is a bitch, but if you decide to do it,
let me know and I'll email you my 5 page write up.

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536, NCC