'95 M3 idle problem

    My '95 M3 motor has a strange idle problem that doesn't trigger a fault
code. When sitting at idle for about a minute, the engine misses ONCE. It's
a big miss, because the engine almost stalls, then it quickly recovers and
idles normally after that. It did stall once when this happened. The oxygen
sensor and idle control valve have been replaced (no help). I have a feeling
that it's somehow connected to the moment when the coolant thermostat opens,
but how would the thermostat be connected to the idle control?

- -Adrian Zelazny