Re: cup holders

I never liked the BMW cupholders that clip on the side of the e34
console--they're great until you make a turn, and then all sorts on
interesting fluids are leaking down into the box.

I had a similar problem with a 944 (rip). There was no way to install a
cupholder and enjoy driving the thing. At last, I got an "Octopus'
cupholder--basically a large black plastic cup with a non-skid bottom and
little arm thingies inside that adjust to your cup size. This goes on the
passenger side floor BUT has a thick rubber strap threaded through it which is
hooked on to the passenger seat rails. Haven't had a spill in years.

Blake
89 535i(s) lots of extra stuff, a/c finally works
93 525i

In a message dated 10/12/98 11:49:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, owner-bmw-