Re: Age Discrimination

To you young folks out there!  Hope this helps.

I'm in my twenty's but I still look like I'm in my teens( it's an Asian
thing, hehe) .  One way to get around age discrimination at dealers is to
call in ahead of time.  Over the phone, I always ask the salesman if they
have "X" model in stock with "Y" color and "Z" options.  I then let him know
what time I will be coming in to see the car.

This lets the salesman know that you are serious about purchasing a car and
that you didn't just drive by the dealer one day and decided to take their
cars out for a spin.

With this method, I've had no problems at Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and Acura
dealers with cars ranging in price from $40k to $80k.

Don't be too hard on those sales people.. Think about it this way, if you
were the salesman and some young kid comes in and asks to test drive your
$70k Porsche on the show room floor, would you let him??

Kai Wang
kaiwang@domain.elided