PTG Team @ Petit LeMans

Hello Bimwads,

Just got back late last night from Road Atlanta, site of the first ACO
race held here.  The PTG team fielded 3 cars, and placed 2nd and 3rd in
GT-3;  the BMW LMP1 car unfortunately withdrew prior to race start,
citing incomplete development.  BMW CCA hosted a corral and hospitality
area for us at turn 5 - many thanks to BMW CCA, Global Imports,
Peachtree Chapter, Don Panoz and the Road Atlanta staff, the great
weather, etc,etc.  This was my first truly international race, and it
was very interesting to be walking through the pits or spectating and
hear French, German, and Italian as often as English!  What Fun!
Anyway, for results and images go to http://www.petitlemans.com and see
the PTG cars (and also "Flipper" the flying Porsche - spectacular but
thankfully no injuries)  The only real disappointment of the weekend was
seeing the BMW Motorsport Team _unloading_ and setting up shop as
everyone was leaving-guess they rented the track for development
testing.  Would've liked to have seen the LMP1 cars run...
If you are a race fan, start making plans now to attend next year-it's a
lot cheaper than a trip to France!  If the driver of the _really_ nice
325i from Roadshow of Memphis is out there, your car sounds and looks
great, and I enjoyed following you through the North Georgia twisties!

Dave Yando
BMW CCA
1974 2002