<go ahead, discriminate, I'm used to it><etc.>

Ron,
You don't always grow out of the age discrimination (or at least, not
quickly). I am 30, and I still get it just as bad now, as I did when
I really was 18 ('course, I look like I'm 18, I attend college full
time, and there's the ass-length hair and odd inability to grow a
beard....).
During the 10 years that I worked at a bicycle shop (and the photo
lab,and the clock shop,and my Freestyle bike shows), I got to work with
many differently aged customers, from newborn to nearly dead, and
strangely, the ones who gave me grief were the 35-55 year old catagory.
Despite nearly being in that age bracket, it still holds true.
Of course the young ones liked me, they thought of me as one of them
(and I sort if was), and the old (I mean chronologically enhanced) ones
treated me with the respect the I always gave to them.
Of course, there were (are) always exceptions, but...
The same age rule goes for salesmen, and I mean men, not women. Saleswomen
usually treat me very well (my wife says it's the hair, but I like to
think it's because I'm so suave :) ).
Having said that, I must also say that when we were looking for a car to
replace her Subaru (talk about "fine quality" cars! NOT), we went to many
dealers trying to find a Nissan 240SX. Most ignored us (she looks young
also),but we went to DeFouw BMW here, we were treated very well, and
promptly even though we drove up in a XT GL (not even a 4wd or XT6
turbo! metallic silver, no less), and told them that we weren't going to
buy right away.
That's why we gave up eating for two years to have the '91 318is.

Oh, by the way, I spoke (wrote) in haste. The fuel pump relay did nothing
to help my "stumbling/not-quite-hestiation" problem on my '85 318i, but
re-connecting the "C101" connector seems to have.

Neil Hitze
'91 318is with some go-fast parts
'85 318i with some rust

"...life's short and hard, like a body-building elf..."--Jimmi Pop Ali