Promotional BMW/Z3 business opportunity (long)

First, please understand that I am not seeking *Santa Claus* marketing; i.e.
no freebie parts, money, etc.  I am offering a relatively minimal-cost
promotional opportunity for a business(es) that specializes in the BMW or Z3
community, preferably one with either multiple or a large scale variety of
products.

Having campaigned a 1995 BMW M3 for the last three years, I am now purchasing
a 1999 BMW 2.8 Z3 Coupe for SCCA Solo2 and Pro Solo national level autocross
competition.  The low-cost marketing opportunity I propose is for your
business to supply promotional vinyl graphics of same for me to advertise on
my Z3 coupe.  Why would I want to promote your business with no financial
reward for myself?

I have a vested interest in making a *professional*  appearance for the 1999
racing season, but there are also new revisions to the 1999 SCCA Pro Solo
concept to separate it as more of a true PRO series.  The 1999 revisions are
designed to attract a major series sponsor (currently there is no major series
sponsor, was previously VALVOLINE), as well as make the series marketable for
television.  In a nutshell, my personal objectives are to professionally
promote myself and the SCCA autocross racing programs.  To accomplish these
objectives I am seeking to additionally promote your business; a joining of
mutual interests, if you will.

I am a very serious autocross racer.  My racing travels lead me all over the
eastern half of the United States.  While I am based in Montgomery, AL the
boundaries of my travels can be best described as New Orleans,LA; College
Station,TX; Topeka,KS; Peru,IN; Oscoda,MI; Rome,NY; Harrisburg,PA;
Petersburg,VA; Jacksonville,FL; Orlando,FL; and numerous points inbetween.
For the 1998 season I ran in (4) Pro Solo events plus the Finale Championship,
(3) National Tour events (1998 Class Champ Evansville,IN) plus the National
Championship, (3) SE Divisional events (1997 Class Champ, 2nd 1998), numerous
State Championships (1997 VA Class Champ & 1997 FL Class Champ), NOPI
Nationals, BMW Oktoberfest (1998 Overall FTD, Class Champ, & Michelin Slalom
contest winner), numerous Regional Championships & events, etc.

All total, I raced over 40 days from January to September of this year.
Normally I continue to race regionally throughout the south during the off-
season winter months, but the 1999 BMW 2.8 Z3 coupe couldn't make the
production build schedule until late December and I had a motivated buyer for
my BMW M3.  In 1997 I totalled over 50 racing days for the entire year; each
one of these days is a promotional opportunity for your business.
Additionally, this will be a street-legal vehicle raced in the Stock class.
It is driven on the highway to every event.  Again, this is more promotional
opportunity for your business.

As you know, the Z3 coupe body style is either a love or hate relationship for
most enthusiasts.  However, it's standout uniqueness will be an magnet drawing
promotional attention to your business.  I'm very excited because I expect the
2.8 Z3 coupe, with it's new dual VANOS motor and ultra-stiff chassis, to be an
outstanding performer in it's class.  Coupled with my proven experience of
being a top competitor in this class, I am hoping for a very successful year
in 1999.  Finally, I am also open to attending special promotional
opportunities for your business; open house, Gateway Tech, Oktoberfest, etc.
I have a technical background in mechanical engineering, considerable
experience training the layperson, am a relaxed public speaker, and have very
sound one-on-one people skills.  No, I'm not looking for a new job.  I am the
successful General Manager of a stainless steel tank manufacturing facility
who loves his current job, but also loves competition, travel, and meeting new
people.

I would like very much to promote a quality business in a professional manner.
If this sounds like the type of opportunity your business needs please contact
me at your convenience.  I will be happy to answer questions and discuss
details as required.

Mark A. Sipe
7235 Peppertree Lane
Montgomery, AL  36117
(334) 286-8300 (days & evenings, voice mail)
(334) 286-1823 (fax)
TeamM3@domain.elided (email)

End of bmw-digest V9 #300