Re: Interior rear view mirror day night problem

the day/night position lever.  I have it aligned properly in the day setting.
When I flip it to the Night setting, the mirror alignment is incorrect (too
high), so I need to adjust it to the correct position.  Of course, when I flip
it back to the Day setting the next day, the mirror position is now too low,
so I need to readjust it.<<<<<
Ron,
  I have the same problem with my '96 328is.  Your post prompted me to check
it out.  I also have a '97 318tis which does not have this problem.  The
mirror for both cars is the same part number.  I swapped the mirrors between
cars and now my ti has the problem.  Interesting.  Will ask my dealer to order
a new mirror.

 RonStygar@domain.elided  FLY BMW  Marlborough, CT
  http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/bmw_ronstygar.html