Prelude Vtec vs M3

Hi
i raced a modified prelude vtec and he cannot come close to my e30 M3, let
alone the newer models
in fact, the prelude lost to the M3 conv.
i also beat the prelude in an autocross.
even the newer prelude vtec and the SH cannot compete against the M cars.
i will have to say that the M3's are one of the best ALL MOTOR (NO NOS AND
TURBO) cars out there.

Also, i tried the Gtech and my 0-60 time came out 7.27 sec.
my buddy with the M conv pulled a 7.3
After that, my other friend in a cavalier pulled a 6.5 and both of us can
very well beat the chevy.
what could be the problem here

Franklin
89 M3