need help on comparing E21/E28 to E30

Hi everyone,

I was just planning on buying a e21 323i when I read certain comments on
the E21 being the worst handling BMW ever.
Someone even called them widowmakers
I've always driven e30's which I liked very much.
I've had a '87 324d, '86 325e, '87 325i and have just sold my '90 325i.
I had to sell this car to pay off a loan in order to arrange the financing of a house.

I'ts been 3 months now since i've sold the 325i and it's the first time since years that i'm bimmerless.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss my car. I'm missing it so bad to the extend that it's getting me depressed.
Reading the digest even makes it worse.

I have the feeling I can't afford a '90 325i anymore so I was planning on buying an older type BMW.
I was thinking of a E21 323i or maybe an E28 5-series.

The problem is that i've never maintained any records on how much I actually spend on owning my previous cars.
Another thing is that i've never even driven a E21 or E28.

So my questions are :
- - How do the E21 an E28 compare to the E30 in terms of costs ?
- - Is it possible to make the E21 or E28 handle like an E30 325i ?
- - As a previous owner of several E30's , will I be dissappointed with an older type BMW ?

I know that these are all very general questions, but I still hope someone can help me get a better view on these cars

I've also heard that the E21's wheel-offset is a little odd too.
I still have the 16 inch Alpina's left from my '90 325i. Do you think
they will fit a E21 ?
They are 7J en 8J wide.

Please say it is so.

Aldrin