02 sensor

Ken,
You were asking for the O2 sensor replacement for a 535i.  I've posted
this before so it's a cut & paste info thing.  By the way, it works
great.  Good luck.

Curt Kiser
85' 535i - Sharked  -  & 86' 325
BMW CCA #118507 Tidewater Virginia Chapter

**********
I bought the sensor at the local Advance Auto parts store.  Pep Boys,
Napa and shops like that should have it.  I did find a No-name brand
sensor but went for the Bosch part instead.  The Bosch part number is
#13942 and it fits a 1990 5.0L Mustang.

As far as instructions it's pretty simple.  Make sure the front-end is up
and stable.  Unclip the heat shield and disconnect the wiring.  The
sensor needs a 22mm box-end wrench to take off and on.  It should come
off pretty easily.  Remove and rewire the old connector onto the new
sensor using the tube-crimp connectors.  White to white and black to
black.   Tape the wire sheath back on and tape the crimp connectors well
so water and junk doesn't get in.  Install the sensor (with the o-ring
washer) keeping the grey silicon off the tip and tighten to about 40
ft.lbs.  Connect the plug, reclip the wires and your done.  No big deal.
 Just make sure you put the heat shield back on.  This thing changed the
driveablility of the car so much that my wife noticed it!