Making Bimmers Hondas

Yes you read that correctly...
I ask you, which is worse?
Trying to change your Honda into a BMW?
or
Trying to change your BMW into a Honda?
Here in Santa Barbara (granted, a town not always known for its intellectual
fodder) there is a car sighted on a regular basis.  It is (or should I say
was) an early 80's three series, but instead of the model denoting trunk lid
badge it has a sticker of Japenese characters (sorry, but I have no idea
what it says).  The owners have removed all roundels (were even takin's hub
stickers) from the car and in exchange added several other japanese stickers
as well as one of those "drainpipe" exhausts.  The also cut the springs to
give it that "refined performance handling" look and (yes there is more) as
if the rest wasn't enough, they decide to slap a HUGE Honda sticker in the
back window.
Why you ask?
I don't know.
One possible senario.  Here in Santa Barbara (area of the excessively rich)
perhaps a parent purchased such a car for their child.  Unfortunately this
car did not fit his/her role as rich, white, upper class, urban warrior.
So, left with no choice, they were forced to convert their ride into the
required uniform of all those so parent supported but some how so urban
smart (hey what happened there) youth.
Mind you, I have nothing against Hondas.  But come on, just trade it in or
deal with it.  For all the money spent on accessorising you could have
probably afforded a Honda.

Not irate, just confused
Josh Murray
LA Chapter (hey it's only an hour and a half away from S.B.)