Body work/Belts

Hi Folks,

Well, I noticed this week that I managed to loose the lower lip off my
front
spoiler.  Anyways, I purchased the replacement piece and now I've got to
paint this chunk of plastic.  Now this is a 10 year old car which is
pushing
200K and it get off-roaded daily, so I'm not really worried about having a
concours calibre finish.  Does anyone have hand suggestions for the
do-it-yorselfer
or would I find it a lot less grief to just take it to a body shop.

Oh, and guess what I saw lying on the meadian of the highway not ten
minutes after
buing the new spoiler lip?  Yeah, my old red spolier.  But hay, it was
raining,
traffic was heavy, and I'd have to accelerate off of grass into 70+ MPH
traffic.
It's not worth getting killed over a $150 part. =:8/

Which brings me to problem #2.

My seat belt latch is starting to wear a bit and if you jiggle it just
right, you
can get the belt to pop free.  This won't do for obvious reasons.  It
looks like
I'll have to pull the seat to replace it.  I figure that if I have to go
to that
much trouble, I might as well consider putting in a harness.

Does anyone have any opinions on the benefits of a harness (primarily)
for street
use?  I'm aware of the concerns about using a harness w/o a rollbar but I
thought
there might be some other problems I'm not aware of.  Yes I know I'll
need a second
harness for the instructor when I go to drivers schools.  I'm willing to
balance that
against my medical deductible. :)

Thanks!

Eric Schneider