<E36M3> H&R OE Sport Springs?

>Does anybody have any first hand experiences with the H&R OE Sport
springs.  I'm looking for a mild lowering, mainly in the front without
much negative effect on ride.

H&R does make an excellent spring, using the latest technology and
materials.  However, the spring rates are the same for the O.E. Sport and
the Sport, i.e. STIFF!!

>According to the Tire Rack Ad, these supposedly lower the front by 1.0" and
the back 0.3".

This is correct, a very mild lowering.

>I would also like to keep the stock shocks for now which I believe these
would allow.

Yes you can keep the stock shocks, but why would you.  Even with the mild
lowering of the O.E. Sport Spring the stock shocks will be over-worked in my
opinion.  If you change the springs, don't go cheap!!  Get the new sport
shocks too.  Unless you are simply changing the springs to be a POSER, you
would be better served by getting a shock (Bilstien or Koni) that can handle
the new loads/work caused by the stiffer springs.  I went the whole nine
yards on my other car, a 93 318is with Chip, Flow-tech, Eibach springs,
Bilstien sports, camber plates, tower brace, sway bars, Super Sprint
exhaust, track pads and R-1's.  I've been a track junkie since 1993.  I've
had the 97 M3 for 2 years, I've been to the track at least 20 times with the
M with only R-1's, first 6 times on streets and I am just changing to H&R's
and Bilsteins now that I am comfortable with the extra 100 hp.  Learn how to
drive the car first, before changing it!

>Seems like they might be just the ticket.

See above comments.  Don't go cheap to save time.  Save and get the best.

>Any thoughts, experiences, or comments appreciated.

What is the intended result of this upgrade?  Don't waste your money on
lowering the car without knowing that your "supple" ride will become even
harsher or you'll end up selling the springs later, asking why you did it.

>TIA,

You are welcome

>Calvin Hare

Mike Gayle, 97 M3