Re: Jim C Chip Install

Hi Simon 'ole buddy ;)
You pretty much got it covered.  You go to the passenger side of the firewall where
you will see a pad with some plastic retainers.  Pull this pad off to find a plastic
panel held in with some phillips screws.  Take this panel off to find the DME.  It's
also held in with a couple of phillips.  After that, same as the E30 basically.
Good luck.

BTW- I think someone has this procedure listed as an FAQ on their homepage mebbe...

Simon Hunter wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>         I just convinced a buddy of mine at work to order a Jim C chip, good for
> him eh.  Anyway he has an 94 E36 318is, in my E30 I just go into the glove
> box remove a panel and whip out the computer, is this the same for the E36,
> another friend of mine, who has 97 M3 (lucky bastard, Hi Mike), told me to
> go through the engine bay and it is behind a panel there, is this correct?
> Any help is always appreciated.
>
> Simon
> 91 318is - you don't really care what mods are on it do ya?

- --
Jason Lile                               Administrator
Parts Manager                            BMW Parts Digest
Zionsville Autosport
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com