<< Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:09:45 EDT
 From: BenLiaw@domain.elided
 Subject: Re: BL/SS concerns - Reply...

 hi lew, others...

 as there are hundreds of original digesters that have the BL/SS installed in
 their cars with no problems, it was conveyed to me that the increased
selector
 rod angles which the M Roadster lever and other aftermarket SS kits may
 prematurely wear out the seals of the input shaft.

 always looking for the optimum solution, we developed the ERK which properly
 relocates the selector rod to the factory position so that your shifts remain
 short, but the angle of the selector rod does not change one bit.  the ERK
 works with bent BL/SS lever and unbent BL/SS levers and merely moves the
pivot
 up higher (closer to the original stock position).

 if you've been driving around with the unERK'd BL/SS setup, you're probably
 used to the lower knob height.  the ERK _does_ move the pivot of the lever
 upwards, raising the knob height with it.

 i'll be taking some measurements on an E36 M3 tomorrow regarding reduction of
 notchiness, etc. with a scale so that i'll have some numbers to confirm what
 people have been feeling with their "shifting arm dynos".

 regarding problems waiting to happen, i can't confirm or deny the messages
 that have been muttered about from others.   short shifters have been around
 long time, but then again, i've never heard of the above problems personally.
 others are invited to chime in, but with the ERK, we've addressed the
 "problems".  if they really are problems, i fortunately don't have to worry
so
 much.  the many happy BL/SS - ERK'd customers, they don't have to worry
 either.

 if i can answer any other questions, feel free to shoot me a note.  many of
 the issues are discussed on our website.

 regards,
 ben liaw
 uuc motorwerks - www.shortshifter.com >>