Re: M3 vs. F355

Your memory serves correct.  The F355 F1 by MT gives 13.0@domain.elidedh.  In the
fastest cars in the land shoot out for '98, the only stuff faster was the
Viper GTS and Espirit TTV8.  But, MT didn't do and overall score.  So I added
it myself, and the F355 came out on top and the best overall car in the field.
 Cars tested besides above, '99 Porsche Carrera, Ford Panoz AIV, '98 Austin
Martin DB7, '98 C7 Vette and for the BMW thread the M Roadster.

Full F355 F1 spec, by MT

top speed     177.6mph
60-0 braking   111ft.
0-60          4.6s
1 mile accel.  32.6@domain.elidedh
0-100-0(the infamous AC Cobra test)   15.6s
lateral g     .97

As a side note, in MTs television special on this, the F355 at 170mph, C. Van
Tune(the driver at the time and MT editor) was able to lift his hands off the
steering wheel!!!!  The F355 just kept going straight.  Bet an M3 can[t do that!!!!!

There you have it,  maybe one of the finest sports cars ever.

Russ