Super ETA Data

Some days ago I placed a post about the specs of the 88 baby six engine, the
so called, Super ETA...  Mr. Barry Robinson of the LA chapter was kind enough
to relay them to me and so I'm posting them here for the benefit of all the
fellow digesters who asked me to relay any info to them.

hp: 127  (6 more than the regular eta but 41 less than the 325)
torque: 170ft lb. (same as the regular eta and 6 more than the 325)
Motronic 1.1,
5300 redline, (500 rpm more than the eta, 1,100 less than the 325)
8.5:1 compression,
325i head with single valve springs and ETA cam,
special domed pistons to work with the 325i head

For all who are wondering WHY I need this info, the engine in my 6 cylindered
e21 doesn't feel nearly as vigorous as it once did and so I'm just checking
what my engine replacement options might be.

drive fast but be safe,

Julian Osante
 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/osbmw/";>OS BMW</A>

PS: to all who responded but especially to Barry :-)