BMW's V. Volvo 80 series

Volvo is trying to entice us to their court with the newly designed 80 series.
Seeing one of these in a magazine, then getting some propaganda in the mail, I
decided to check it out.  While Volvo's are certainly a good car and advanced
in a lot of ways (safety, for one), the 80 series is a nice car, but just
doesn't have that BMW feel (I guess that is why it is a Volvo).  It handles
well, accelerates nicely, and the faux standard transmission are nice, but it
drives more like a larger vehicle such as a 7 series, Lexus or cadillac; not
much fun involved.  I didn't feel I had control over the vehicle like I do in
my 525i.

I then drove the 70 series sedan, the salesman said that had the rougher ride,
but the acceleration was terrible.

I am in the market possibly for something new and with a manual transmission.
I have to say, one just can't beat the 99 328i.  It is a great vehicle all
around!!!!

John
95 525i
88 635CSi