<WOB> dealer paint jobs

I was sitting at a stop light in the ol' M3 right next to a Toyota dealer's service area yesterday during lunch.  There's a guy in a service uniform out in the parking lot doing some paint work on what appeared to be a new Camry.  He's got a can (not a gun) of primer in one hand and a heat gun in the other.  He's painting a large area of the right rear bumper cover, maybe 2 square feet worth.  He sprays a little and then a little heat gun.  No face mask.  No masking off of any of the rest of the car.  Am I wrong or is this a Bad Idea in at least three ways? (kaboom! comes to mind....)

Wonder what the car's owner would say.
- -Al
95 M3