E36 M3 HKS Intake Advantage

Hi all, I have a M3/4 and a HKS intake filter(looks like a green mushroom
with 6" diameter).  I managed to relocate the horns and removed the
foglight in order to place the "mushroom" directly inside the foglight
hole, connected by 3" aluminum dryer hose.  I then taped up the entire
length of the hose for insulation.  Now the filter is completely exposed to
head-on ram-air.
Questions:
Is the HKS intake filter to small for the car?
Would it be better if I tuck the filter back inside a little to avoid
head-on ram-air?
Anyone with ram-air setup had any problem with water ingestion under wet
condition?

Thanks in advance for any comments
ben