CA Relaxes MTBE Requirement

OK, here we go again...Thr press, as I am sure many of you have noticed
before, some times screw up...California does not require the use of
MTBE. period.  The Feds require the use of an "oxygenate".  What CARB
did recently was to let areas that are in attainment for CO to not use
an oxygenate in thier fuels, not say "you don't have to use
MTBE",because CARB never did require it.

Now, the refiners can use non-oxygenated fuels (cheaper) in those areas
and still sell it to you for the same price (if they desire). From  what
Ihave heard, I doubt many refiners willjump on this as they essentially
have to "re-tool" to make the regular gas now.,.but still have to sell
oxygenated fuels (as required by the FEDS) in the rest of the
state...So, maybe you will see non-oxy fuels in these areas, maybe you
won't...but CARB never mandated it's use...period (again);P