Re: <E36> Clutch Slipping

<<Car is 6 months old '98 328is. I did a 4.5K clutch drop and launch and the
engine rev's around 5K for about 2 secs with no tire spin and then the
clutch catches and I'm off. Traction control off. Is the clutch slipping?
How can that be with a brand new car? Is this a dealer warranty thing?
Glen Chow
BMWCCC, BMWCA>>

Glen,

I seem to be experiencing the same thing.  This past Saturday at the
Pizza-Fest II Auto-X I had a real hard time getting a decent launch.  I
tried reving up the engine a few times and dropping the clutch from around
4,000 rpms.  The car would start slow for about 2 seconds until it finally
kicks in, right before it's time for 2nd gear.  Perhaps a new clutch is in
order.

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536