<e36> Update on long-term ownership problems

Haven't posted in ages but wanted to pass on update on long-term ownership
problems with my 93 325iA 56k miles. Went to do my inspection II a few weeks
ago and when I popped the plastic cladding and coils found the spark plug
chambers completly filled with oil - after an initial panik I realized that
the oil was coming from gasket seals around spark plug opening on valve cover.
Hadn't had them off in almost 2 years so no telling how long it took them to
fill up. No negative operation from spark plugs completely submerged in oil -
I found that strange. Oil as also beginning to slowly leak in a few areas
around valve cover.

Now for the really interesting part - i had noticed a few paint chips coming
off the front of my valve cover and wasn't too happy about the appearance but
was living with it, however, when I removed the plastic cladding I realized
paint or coating was flaking off all over the valve cover and leaving a pure
base metal exposed and when I removed the oil filler cap some of the paint was
sticking to it. I looked inside valve cover with flashlight and low and behold
coating was flaking off on the inside as well and I could scrape it off with
my finger - some of it fell on the black metal cover over the intake valves.
Well - i was none to happy to see this and I closely analyzed the compound.
The flakes that came off where the coating was bubbling off on  the outside
where hard - the stuff that was flaking off on the inside of the valve cover
was the same but it was turning soft and sludge like from exposure to oil
vapors etc.
Car is 6 months out of warranty but my local dealer who is really great agreed
to replace the valve cover and gasket and I'd pay labor. I now have a nice
shiny looking engine again. I wasn't so much concerned about actual direct
damage from the stuff flaking off I was more concerned about it blocking oil
passages or filter. New valve cover was put on Friday after about a week I
will change oil and inspect filter.

My car has not had a lot of the problems some others have mentioned, but I
haven't heard anyone else with above problems - may be isolated instance.
Another weird thing that happened since the car went out of warranty was the
the plastic cover over the driver door pillar that hold the shoulder harness
began to turn to a gooey liquid that was getting all over the seatbelt. you
could actually take a spatula and scoop large sheats of it off. The passenger
side is tacky but not gooey yet. This material is slightly different and
doesnt exactly match other trim pices. I replaced the trim piece for 60 buck -
but had to remove seat to removed belt attachment.

Hoods Up
93 325i
90 325iC