Re: bmw-digest V9 #248

In a message dated 10/3/98 10:58:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I have a 1987 325is with 172k miles on it.

 Last night, as I got out of my car I heard a metallic scraping sound
 coming from the left rear suspension.

 I pushed down a few times on the trunk to put weight on the suspension
 and heard the sound every time it compressed and retracted.

 Does anyone have suggestions for what the problem may be?

 Andrew Weesner
 Milton, MA >>

Sounds like the rubber part of the upper shock mount is broken.  A relatively
common and straight forward fix.

Victor